A non-profit-making Organization(Corporate registration number: 2800-05-006911 (Japan))
1. ICGdR: The International Consortium on Geo-disaster Reduction, hereinafter referred as “ICGdR” is an international non-governmental and non-profit-making scientific organization.
2. To contribute for a safe and secured social and natural environment, the principal objectives of ICGdR are to:
Through the following specified non-profit activities:
To achieve the objectives of the consortium, the legal corporation undertakes the following specified non-profit activities.
3. The ICGdR was established in 2013 as a result of the ten-year long activities of the core members through the annual symposiums on the mitigation of geo-disaster in Asia.
The domicile of the ICGdR is Matsue City, Japan, in where the Secretariat is located. The official language of the consortium is English.
4. Members of the consortium are those organizations who support the objectives of the ICGdR intellectually, practically and financially. Members will be invited from one of four categories:
5. Relevant UN entities and the leaders of the representatives in the member organization may wish to attend the Steering Committee and the Board of Representatives, and give suggestions and advices to the ICGdR management.
6. Supporters are the organizations and individuals who support the objectives of ICGdR and provide funds for activities without being the member of the consortium.
7. Full power for the management of the consortium is vested in the Board of Representatives, which will meet at least annually. The quorum and internal regulations are defined by the bylaws.
8. The Board of Representatives shall be composed of representatives of the member organizations. Each member organization shall designate one representative to the board.
9. In the absence of a member’s representative from any meeting of the Board of Representatives, alternative representative should attend the meeting and execute all the rights, powers and privileges of the absent representative. Alternatively, the representative may delegate his/her rights, powers and privileges to another member of the ICGdR for that particular meeting, or authorize him/her to act and vote on his/her behalf.
10. The Board of Representatives shall:
11. Voting decisions will be decided on a simple majority of the attending members and at least one half of all members. Each Member shall have one vote. Normally the president of ICGdR will not vote but in the event of a tie, the president may have the final vote.
12. The Steering Committee of the Board shall consist of:
13. The Steering Committee, which duly reflects the international character of the consortium, reports to the Board of Representatives. It oversees the operations of the ICGdR and recommends the direction and priorities of the ICGdR to the Board of Representatives.
14. The Steering Committee shall meet as often as necessary and at least annually. Its duties are to:
15. The Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the ICGdR. It consists of the director-general, the financial director and other secretarial members. The number of secretarial members may vary and will depend on the extent of the activities of the ICGdR.
16. The secretariat prepares for and reports to the meetings of the Steering Committee including:
17. Symposia and training courses shall be organized annually, in order to present the scientific and technological progresses achieved through the ICGdR activities, as well as to train young scientists and engineers for capacity development.
18. The Officers of the ICGdR shall consist of the president, the vice presidents, the director-general, the management directors, the financial director and the immediate past president. They shall meet and communicate as often as is deemed necessary.
The president shall be elected by the Board of Representatives, in accordance with the bylaws, and hold office for a term of three years, beginning from January 1st of the year following the ordinary meeting of the Board of Representatives at which he or she has been elected. The president may be re-elected but may not hold the same office for more than two consecutive terms.
The vice-presidents and the director-general shall each be recommended by the president and approved by the Board of Representatives. The management directors and the financial director shall each be recommended by the director-general and approved by the Board of Representatives. They shall hold office for three calendar years beginning from January 1st of the year following the meeting of the Board of Representatives at which they have been approved.
19. The funds of ICGdR are obtained from:
20. Annual membership fees for members and supporters are decided by the Board of Representatives.
21. Notification of termination of the membership must be given to the financial director at least one year in advance.
22. Changes to the statutes require approval by a quorum of the Board of Representatives with a minimum of two-thirds majority of the casted votes.
23. Changes in the bylaws require approval by a quorum of the Board of Representatives with a simple majority of casted votes.
24. Honorary Fellows of the ICGdR may be proposed by the Steering Committee of the Board of ICGdR at the Annual Meeting of the Committee.
25. Those proposed shall be those who have:
26. Election of Honorary Fellows shall be in accordance with the normal voting procedures of the Board of Representatives as defined by the current ICGdR Statutes and By-laws.